Here are a few tips on how to minimise the chances of the Cockroaches visiting you in the first place:
Cockroaches love moisture so eliminate all sources of this from water to condensation – they love nothing more than a dirty mop left on the floor so don’t invite them in with one.
- It goes without saying that any establishment needs to be kept clean but where cockroaches are concerned, you can’t afford to let your hygiene and sanitation slip. Have a clearly defined cleaning schedule that all team members know of and adhere to it so you know that no corners have been cut.
- You will also need to do regular deep cleans. Drains will need to be thoroughly scrubbed and treated – get a strong brush to areas that liquid cleaners cannot tackle. Keep a record of your deep clean schedule so that you are always on top of the areas that are out of your sight but definitely not out-of-bounds to a cockroach looking for a lovely dirty new home.
- Don’t allow clutter to build up. Don’t go longer than a month without checking storage areas as things like corrugated cardboard are an open invitation to some types of cockroach. Just imagine how an infestation can spread if this has been left unattended for a couple of months.
- Ensure all of your team know to inspect all deliveries thoroughly. You only need one or two cockroaches to come in with a delivery to have a problem on your hands quickly if they go unnoticed.
- Place pest monitors in areas that would particularly attract cockroaches. As we said, prevention is better than cure here so be vigilant and look at your premises through cockroaches eyes – seek out the hotspots and put the monitors in place here.
- If you do happen to spot a cockroach it isn’t the end of the world. Simply kill or capture the cockroach you have seen, making a note of the time and place that you found it then give PestX a call. Make sure you keep the bug for us to inspect as the various species have different habits and it will help us if we know which type we are dealing with. We will discretely and efficiently deal with your pests with the minimum of disruption to business.
PestX have years of experience dealing with Cockroaches. We can help you deal with current infestations or a cockroach presence but we can also advise on how best to protect yourself against these destructive bugs within your commercial or residential premises.